How to transfer and share files between PC and Android via WiFi and hotspot.
With the use of ES file explorer FTP tool you'll be able to transfer/share files between your PC and Android without needing to connect via USB cable.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ES file explorer. Download it from THIS POST
- your Device Hotspot
The above listed are just the required tools you need to be able to transfer and share files between your PC and your Android device.\
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES BETWEEN PC and ANDROID.
Like in an older post I posted some of the functions of ES file explorer and the cool things it enables you to do with your Android device(phone/tablet), if you missed that post go HERE.
Now, one of those functions is FTP file transfer and that's what I'll be showing you how to do with your Android device.
1. Download and install ES file explorer(of which I hope you'v e already done that from the link provided above), you can skip this step if you already have \es file explorer installed on your Device.
2.Put on your Android's hotspot and also put on your PC's WiFi and connect the two Devices via WiFi(i.e connect your PC WiFi to you Android's hotspot, as if to share your android internet connection with your PC.
3.After connecting them, you open your ES file explorer:
- Tap your menu key and a column will pull out from the left side of your screen
- you tap on 'Network' or 'Tools' depending on the version of Es file explorer you're having(newer versions you tap 'Network' older versions you tap 'Tools'
- After the above you'll see list of options you tap on 'Remote manager' the next page will be open and you tap/press the button labeled 'Turn on'
- After the above the page brings up a page with some numbers(actually the IP address of your phone/FTP server) you take note of those numbers exactly the way they are, example mine is in this format ftp://***.***.**.*:****/
- you go to your PC and open your windows Explorer, on the address bar, type those numbers exactly the way they're including full stops but you can leave "
ftp://" if you want but its not necessary.
- once you've typed in the numbers complete in the address bar the way they're or appear, you press 'Enter' on your keyboard and every content of your memory card will be shown and from there you can then transfer files from PC to Android and from Android to PC
That's all that is required to transfer files between your PC and android via Wifi and Android
Now don't forget to read HOW TO USE YOUR ANDROID DEVICE AS SECOND MONITOR FOR YOUR PC AND MAC
Receive Quality Articles Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email below.